Hotpants and Heartbreak

Wednesday 31 December 2008

Midnight (Part I)

Another party, another night of debauchery, another shoulder to sleep on. The room is brimming with people; the counter is covered with empties and elbows, and I find myself instinctively curling against the body next to mine.

In my dizzy, sleep-deprived state, it takes me a while to notice that the people and the lights and the music have dissolved- there is only this ash, soap and tangerine scented shoulder left. 'Where'd everyone go?' I almost yawn, but I stop as soft fingertips press against my feverish cheek. There was something about that moment- the tenderness, the atmosphere- that made me certain that we were going to kiss.
I take his hand, trace the lines of his palm- love, life- and coil my fingers around this. His thumb skates across my knuckle. Minutes, hours, moons and Suns pass between us in the dark, until my body fantastically contorts around his, so were are face to face, lip to lip.
His arms encircle me, my back bowing against his touch. We're so close now, so close to...
And then he kisses me, and then I stop thinking.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home