Hotpants and Heartbreak

Friday 30 January 2009

List

Christ on a bicycle- the shit has hit the fan. Again.
The college I attend is an all-girls' affair, and I also went to the linked secondary school. This has its advantages (the naughty catholic schoolgirl stigma) and disadvantages (every who doesn't know me assumes I'm filthy rich, or batting for the other team). However, there is one disadvantage that seems to stick out head and shoulders above the rest; it seems everyone knows everyone's business.
I can pass any girl in the hallway, and tell you who she's sleeping with, who she wishes she was sleeping with, the last time she dyed her hair and and whose front lawn she woke up on after her most recent night on the town.
Now, admittedly, most of my worst behavior occurs at parties (i.e right in the public eye), and so I have no qualm with people knowing my business. What I do have a problem with is people committing my business to paper, in a sort of sex-name-and-shame burn book.

What happened is this: after a forum last week, a group of girls got together after school, and, after finding nothing constructive or interesting to do, they decided to update the sex list. This is an age-old tradition in our school- it is basically a long list of girls' names, and beside their name is a list of everyone who they've ever slept with. Aside from this being slightly creepy and completely unnecessary, most people were not best pleased when the list of Domesday proportions (what can I say, we've been very busy girls)ended up in the hands of the faculty.

Yes. A comprehensive list of everyone's sexual partners is likely to be tacked up in the staff room as we speak.

Now, the teachers have asked the usual suspects why this list came into fruition. All of the perpetrators have come forward, but the teachers are still refusing to hand over the list, prompting all sorts of nightmarish speculation. After all, if they won't return the list, what's not to say it's not actually tacked up in the staffroom for all to see?

I, for one, will not be happy if this turns out to be the case- there are certain things that you just don't want your teachers to know...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home